Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dream Logs + Bus stop Psycho & Beyond

As requested I will have more Raymond Dream Logs towards the end of this post. I have written down several of them. Raymond found my word document and read it. "I never said any of those things" oh Yes... yes you did. One day I'm going to have my camera and film him.

Story 1: 

Bus stop Psycho 

I want to first start out by telling the delightful experience I had last week while trying to catch a bus in Guardbridge.

I was heading to St. Andrews like any other normal freezing, windy day in Scotland. I was waiting at the Mill Clock bus stop (this is our bus stop) all of a sudden, I look across the road and here comes this wide eyed woman, about my age, running across the street. She makes it to the bus stop and the conversation, mostly with herself, that takes place will stay with me for a very long time. The conversation as unfolded like this:

Lady: "AH, I hoped the bus would be late. but now It's on time because I'm a University note taker and my class starts in 10 minutes!"

Me: "Oh are you a post grad? My husbands is in the St. Mary's post grad program. Guardbridge is a great place for postgrads isn't it?"

Lady's phone alarm goes off and she leans outside of the bus stop and starts to scream.

Lady: "BUS YOU BETTER GET HERE NOW!!!" "I'm going to be late so you better HURRY UP AND GET HERE NOW!!!"

At this point in knew I was dealing with someone a little looney. She walks back into the bus stop

Me: "What is your name?"

Crazy Lady: "MELISSA" She growled at me. "I'm not in the mood to socialize, can't you see I'm trying to get the bus here!" "Today of ALL days I wake up LATE and my CAT IS MAD AT ME."

He alarm goes off for the 4th time.

Me: "You sure do have a lot of Alarms"

Crazy Cat Lady Melisa: "THAT WAS MY SNOOZE ALRAM IF I WASN'T GOING TO MAKE IT TO CLASS GOSHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I couldn't help giggle because of how insane she sounded but I think it just made her even more angry. She then started yelling at the bus (still no where in site) and running out in the middle of the road to look around the corner to see if the bus was coming. She almost got run over a several times. So I decided to say something to calm her down.

Me: "Hey Melissa, I understand you are stressed out but no amount of yelling or walking out in the street is going to make the bus come any faster. There is nothing you can do about it now."

Melissa: "YOU ARE NOT HELPING ME. I'M JUST GOING TO STRESS OUT ABOUT THIS PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME."

I'm typing in all caps for a reason folks. This girl was screaming at me. It was one of the strangest most hysterical break downs I'd ever seen. This girl was bonkers.

P.S. She was getting her doctorate in Psychology. (make your own assessment)



Raymond met Melissa a couple of days later on a bus ride home. She talked to him the entire way back about her cat. We got off the bus and Raymond said this. "That girl has no self-awareness at all, she is completely oblivious to how she comes across to people." This is completely true.

Story 2: 

WIND

I know I already blogged about the crazy wind we have been having but I wanted to post some pictures of us playing outside!


Lindsay is lookin' fine in that super model weather
I look like i'm a dragon breaking fire.


It was seriously windy. We almost got knocked over a few times.




Story 3: 

St. Andrews Aquarium

One on my good friends here works at the St. Andrews Aquarium. I've heard all about it, so I decided to go visit her. Here are some pics

Octopus! 
Seals

and Meerkats? 


Yep, one of their biggest attractions is the Meerkat exhibit. There are so fat! hahaha


Story 4: 

 Christmas

Here is where I hang out most of the day. I don't know what I would do without a fireplace!

We are renting a house with two other couples and spending christmas in the Highlands! It will be a white Christmas for us! We are very excited to get away and also excited to share this holiday with our close friends.


Story 5: 

Raymond Dream LOG


This first one Raymond says doesn't count because he was half asleep. I think it totally counts. When Raymond get's really really tired and he's almost asleep sometimes I like to talk to him and see what comedic gold I can get. This is really for my own pleasure. Well it was until now.

Raymond, sing me a song please.

Raymond sings me a 5 minute long song about a man with the Hiccups. I don't remember the lyrics but next time this happens I will get it on camera.


Raymond Dream Log 1:  

YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Me? What about me?

YOU are full of wonderful things. Things that I LOVE

He then squeezed me so tight i thought I was going to pop. He rolled over and went back to sleep.


Raymond Dream Log 2:

It was the middle of the night and I, as usual was cold. I maneuvered around to acquire some of Raymond's body heat. I said to Raymond,

"Your breath is warming my back."

His response, "That's because I'm full of science"


Raymond Dream Log 3:

Sits up quickly, "Throw the fish and they will open the Window FOR US!

Raymond Dream Log 4:

"You need to wear Plaid to get back on the team."
"Why do I need to be on the team?"
"So you can get back to earth, you don't want to stay on Mars's Thorax do you?



THE END



Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I love Raymond's dream logs. I can't believe you have the patience to respond to him in the middle of the night, but you could seriously write a book about this. So hilarious!!!!
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete