Monday, November 28, 2011

Hotty Twins in Scotland


    Ok before you say anything… I know I know I know. I need to do better at updating the blog. You are right I have no excuse and I will try my hardest to do better. My goal is to write a blog every week. So far I’m not doing so hot. New Year’s Resolution 1: Blog at least one a week.

     I feel very scholarly as I write this blog, let me set the scene… 
I’m sitting in an office located in the oldest building belonging to the University of St. Andrews. (Impressed?) I thought so. This blog post will mostly be about my sister (Laura, Loolums, La La) this list could go on and on so I’ll stop there. 

Pictures Album of Laura's trip! <----- Check out my Twin Scotland trip photo album!


     I couldn’t sleep the night Laura arrived. I was too excited to sleep. *Insert Disney World Commercial Here*  I woke up early to catch the 6 am train to Edinburgh and finally was re-united with Laura, after her plane was an hour and half late. Together again and it felt so good! Well I felt good... Laura felt... tired (red-eye)
Double decker bus leaving the airport

     We got on the train and headed back to my place to relax a bit and get her a “big ass cup of coffee” lucky for her I have a big ass coffee mug. FYI: The mug’s name is big daddy, thought you should know. That day I showed her around St. Andrews and we talked, laughed and took pictures with the awesome camera she brought me. (Thanks again Dad & Mom)



     On Friday morning we did what we do best. Laid in bed and made each other laugh. We went through my old pictures library and couldn’t believe how hysterically bad we looked back in the awkward days. (Picture to follow) (Sorry Laura I’m gonna have to do it) We laid in bed most of the morning/afternoon. It was the perfect morning with Laura. We went into town and had a Photo shoot with Anna Blanch It was a lot of fun but COLD COLD COLD. I’ve decided to put of a few photos of Anna’s up and compare them with a photo we were laughing at from our past. (Hysterical) (don't judge)

Before: This isn't the worst I could do by far, but we need to keep some shred of dignity
Laura Puckett and Mary Blake Morehouse
All Grown Up

Mary Blake
Grown up: Yes
Still a Kid inside: Yes

Laura Puckett is Stunning

Pictures by Goannatree
Best Swing EVER


     The next day we went to the Sea towns Pittenweem and Anstruther. It was so much fun and we took a LOT of pictures of our day.  We get silly and that’s what I love about us! It was a beautiful day and I was blissfully happy. 

Laura Puckett is excited about exploring
My I'M TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP face
     On Sunday we went to Trinity and then I had to work. Laura and Raymond took the motorcycle and went to Tentsmuir forest. I’ve never been but they say it was a really awesome spot. Also I’d like to point out that this was Laura’s first time on a motorbike and now she’s bound and determined to get one herself. Sorry Dad.

     Here is a little bit of background: My parents threatened to disown us (I might be exaggerating) if we ever so much as rode on a motorcycle. They were not pleased with my oldest brother when got one after graduating college and they were not so thrilled about Raymond and me having one. Granted my oldest brother’s bike goes a million miles per hr and ours goes 50 downhill, with the wind at our back, on a good day, but still, it’s a motorbike nonetheless. 

     Wow This ADD side track moment has been brought to you by Mary Blake Morehouse.
Back on Track:

     Monday, Laura and I headed back to Edinburgh to see the sites and hang with Annie Downs our amazingly awesome cousin. We stayed with her for two nights and had a completely outrageous blastastic time. We took an underground city tour. It was awesome / eye opening and gross. The tour guide told us about the plague where thousands died and were burnt in a pit outside of town. This is the same pit where they used the burnt ashes mixed with horse hair to make plaster for walls. GROSS. We actually saw the plaster! Seriously guys it was sick sick sick. The tour was completely awesome though. There were all types of people on the tour, including German bikers who broke almost every rule the tour guide laid down. 

     Tuesday we went to the Palace and several different museums. It was a great day of enjoying the city and seeing things other than the castle. (granted the castle is really cool but we have both been and wanted to experience other things) That night we went on a murder mystery tour. This is an exciting tale.


Abbey beside the Palace in Edninburgh

Annie and Laura outside St. Giles Cathedral

The Tour started outside the witchery hotel and restaurant. There were two tour guides one was a dead man and the other, his helper. The helper had a variety of costumes he changed into throughout the tour to go along with the script and jump out and scare people. He kept these costumes tied around his waist, and so looked pregnant the entire time.

     They chose Laura and me to pick on the entire time. I was chosen by the tour guide to be a witch and Laura was the girlfriend of the assistant. Let me explain: towards the end of the tour the ghost of a priest jumped out to scare people. He then walked around the crowd and picked Laura as his girlfriend. The tour guide asked Laura “Is this truly your love” She responds “Oh yeah, I knocked him up” while rubbing his clothes baby bump. They didn’t know what to do after that. The tour guide said “Um… no one has ever said yes before” Laura went off script and they were stumped. It was actually pretty hysterical.

     The next morning La left to go back home and I spend some more time with Annie. I miss Laura more than ever now that she’s gone. Having Laura as a twin sister is the most amazing thing in the world and I couldn’t ask for a better sister. 
  
Don't mess
Later Days 





2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Laura's answer to the tour guide is hilarious! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this blog! I love your voice and you're such a funny writer!! You are lucky to have such a wonderful twin. :) You're not bad yourself, friend!! Excited for more blogs.

    ReplyDelete