Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Family, Friends, and Adventure

It has been a fully loaded amazing week. My mom and her best friend Marilyn came to visit. We had a total blast!
One thing awesome about their visit is they brought 4 bags full of my stuff! YES! My shoes have arrived. Thank goodness! 

(This is me carrying two military duffel bags and a rolling suitcase.  The bag on the front was my bag-o-shoes.)

The taxi driver told us he had never seen anyone carry so much luggage and that I had to be slightly crazy. Yes this is true cabby, no need to point it out. 

We spend that first day walking around St. Andrews seeing the sites. I wouldn't let either of them sleep because that is a sure fire way to get crazy jet lag. So I bullied them the entire day. Poking was involved. I'm pretty sure Marilyn fell asleep sitting up at one point. The technique worked and they slept a full night and were not jet lagged the entire trip! Amazing!

Raymond did this to me as well. I think I was more of a spoiled sport than Mom or Marilyn. I begged and pleaded with him to let me take a nap. He was strong, and I am thankful because I didn't get one bit of jet lag either.


The next day we went to Edinburgh to see the sites! This was Marilyn's first trip to Europe so it was exciting to show her around. Everything just looks so different. Raymond was able to move some things around and joined us on our trip. 

We did some tourist shopping, walked around Old Town, walked up and down the Royal Mile, and visited John Knox's house. It was also a blast to show Mom and Marilyn where we ate and stayed on our last trip to Edinburgh in February 2011. They were especially interested in the Hostel, where we shared a room with several other individuals. 



Another great part of this past week was the visit of my cousin Annie! Annie lives in Edinburgh and came over on Sunday morning to see all of us. She's so great. It is crazy that we live just an hour away from each other. I'm excited to get to know her more and have some real family time. 

All in all this has been an exciting family filled week. I thank God for giving such an amazing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment