Saturday, December 20, 2014

1 Year Old, A Reflection

I can't believe that next week will mark Rowan's 1st birthday. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were anxiously awaiting his arrival. Little did I know I would end up being 10 days late. I started contractions on Christmas Eve and FINALLY Rowan decided to make an appearance on Boxing Day (The day after Christmas). THUS ended the WORST Christmas EVER! I am very much looking forward to this Christmas and not being in labour during one of my favorite holidays.

Here is my sweet husband painting my toes a few days before Christmas.



We have had a busy year to say the least. Trips we made with Rowan:

  1. St. Croix USVI
  2. Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro 
  3. New York/ North Carolina (and Canada for a day)
  4. California



He is a well traveled baby. 1 yr and has seen 6 countries. 

Additional Trips Raymond made:
  1. Rome
  2. Vienna
I'm still in the mindset that I never want to travel anywhere ever again, but I know we'll be back in the States in September/October for dear friends' weddings. I'm sure by then I'll have the travel itch once again. I'm going to write a separate blog on traveling with an infant. I'm pretty sure I'm an expert by now. 

Now on the sweet, sweet Baby Rowan... or is it Toddler Rowan? When does that switch? He's been toddling around since 9 months... I'm so confused. I think I'll start calling him a toddler when the drama bombs start dropping in full force.

Rowan is an observer. He will walk to the middle of a room and watch everyone. He's very intrigued by older kids and will follow his cousins around anywhere! 

When people meet Rowan, we always hear, "Is he always like this?".  The answer is YES. He's a dream baby. He can entertain himself, he's super sweet and smiley, and he isn't much for screaming in public. He can fall asleep pretty much anywhere so we can stay as late at friends' houses as we want. He has more or less slept through the night since he was 8 weeks old. 

We have family that assure us that when we have more kids they will NEVER be as good as Rowan. I'm hoping they are wrong but will brace myself non the less. 


Rowan LOVES:
Dancing/Music
Anything with Wheels
The Washing Machine
Climbing
Playing Chase
Playing Pee-Pie

I can't believe how much joy he has brought to our family. I don't remember how I filled my time before he arrived. Being a parent is so awesome, and I am so grateful and blessed that God entrusted us with this sweet little boy.


2 comments: