Wednesday, August 8, 2012

You Do WHAT with a Bidet??

There are two things about our little mid-level bathroom that totally puzzle me.

I'll start with the one that annoys me and end with the one that slightly frightens me.

The freakin' shower. We have this retractable half wall thing that doesn't protect the water from going EVERYWHERE. There is no way to take a shower and clean every body part without getting water all over the floor.

Hi European bathrooms, 

It's called a shower curtain...

sincerely, 

Gross wet sock feet


I know what you are thinking. Really Mary Blake? The bidet?

When we moved into our lovely home the first thing I noticed about our mid-level bathroom was the bidet. What in the WORLD am I going to do with that?

When my twin, Laura, came to come visit and we decided to watch an animated short showing how to use a bidet. The film was slightly horrifying, and I decided then and there the bidet would never be used for what it was made for.  The bidet has been used the following ways:

  • Playing with the tiny spider that lived in the bidet
Now when I say "playing" I mean turning on the water and watching him run away from the oncoming tsunami. Unfortunately, one day he was no longer with us. He might have taken out his revenge on me by crawling into my mouth on a suicide mission. No one will ever know.

  • Washing my clothes that are hand wash only
 This is the more practical use I get out of the bidet.

Until next time,

Later days


MB



4 comments:

  1. Try it. Seriously. Just give it a try. It is uncommonly refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bidet! It's like taking a mini shower in the middle of the day. The trend is starting in the US with the new push to have wipes at the toilet in addition to toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I wish I would have tried it while I was there.... ;) xoxo, Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of bidets as being toilets that show people what it's like to be pee'ed on.

    ReplyDelete