Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm a Stalker




I never thought I would be one of "those" people who freaked out when they heard someone like Justin Beiber would be coming to town near you. Switch the name Justin Beiber with Colin Firth and I completely lost it.

MR DARCY  is going to be WHERE???? (internal freak out commence)

Colin Firth is one of my all time favs obviously because of above mentions Pride and Prejudice, but because of so many more amazing films... King's Speech, Nanny McPhee, Bridget Jones, What a Girl Wants with Amanda Bynes (p.s. I want to be her best friend) but mostly Mr. Darcy.

Here is the story...



Trying to explain to my Husband why I had to go to St. Monans (a 20 min drive from St. Andrews) was a hysterical/frustrating conversation. Transcript below:

Me- COLIN FIRTH is going to be here filming a MOVIE! We HAVE to go seeee him!
Raymond- Um who?
Me-MR DARCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raymond- (blank stare)
Me- Uggg King's speech guy!
Raymond- Oh, which guy in Kings speech?
Me- The one with the speech impediment!
Raymond-Oh ok. 
Me- We HAVE to go see him!
Raymond- Why?
Me- BECAUSE IT'S MR. DARCY!!!!!
Raymond- You know it's not actually Mr. Darcy right?
Me- YES he is!!! (not going to let him burst my Mr Darcy bubble)

PEOPLE- who wouldn't want to see Mr. Darcy in a Setting like this?

 
This is St. Monans Church

I then immediately knew he would not understand. So I turned to my fellow female admirers, namely Laura and Christy, and after a morning of Shopping in Dundee we were off to Stalk. 

And Stalk we did... I learned the following about stalkers, the people and the occupation.

1. Stalking is Hard

2. Stalking is not for people with ADD

3. In order to Stalk make sure you have all the details

4. Don't be afraid to ask the locals questions.

We walked around the town for a good 30 mins trying to be inconspicuous (I just totally spelled that word right without spell check, small victory) before we asked someone, Colin Firth's whereabouts!

We were pointed in the correct direction and let's be honest, we ran... awkwardly nervously Ran to find HIM. 

We found Colin (first name basis) in the old church's graveyard filming. I heard the director yell ACTION! I snuck past a (Staff only) sign and was generally being creepy and stalkerish.

Yes I saw Colin Firth. I knew I moved to Scotland for Adventure but I was not expecting this!

Side Note: The movie that was being filmed was called The Railway Man co-staring Nichole Kidman

Nichole Kidman and Keith Urban were both there as well (really didn't care about them).



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete